I’m a Celebrity OFF AIR for two nights as crew’s equipment battered by storm at castle


I’M A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here will be OFF AIR for two nights after chaotic 98mph Storm Arwen battered the set.

The show’s bosses decided to pull the episodes after the marquees holding the crew’s equipment at Gwrych Castle, north Wales, were damaged by the gales.

High speed winds battered the set
Marquees holding the crew’s equipment were damaged by the storm

No injuries have been reported, an I’m a Celeb spokesman confirmed
I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here will be OFF AIR for two nights

No injuries have been reported, I’m a Celeb confirmed, but the production base suffered “significant damage”.

Instead, ITV will play two “best of” shows to fill the prime-time 9pm slots.

Show bosses have confirmed the celebrities are safe and within the castle, and that only essential crew are currently on site.

A spokesman for the show said: “Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend.

“I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows (voiced by Ant & Dec) featuring best moments from previous series.” 

HOAR earlier revealed that Ant and Dec would pre-record tonight’s live links for the first time in 19 years – as Storm Arwen wreaked havoc.

Three people have been crushed to death by falling trees – while 140,000 homes have no power.

Earlier this week, I’m A Celebrity bosses feared a star exodus following Richard Madeley’s dramatic departure.

The telly presenter, 65, was rushed to hospital after falling ill.

He left the Covid bubble so cannot return to Gwrych Castle. 

Crew members are worried about Dame Arlene Phillips, 78, who is on painkillers. And DJ Naughty Boy, 36, has sought counselling over his mum’s health.

A source said: “They can’t afford to lose any more big names.”

Storm Arwen has ravaged the UK – with 33ft waves, plunging temperatures and blizzards gripping thousands.


Yesterday evening, a 35-year-old driver was killed when the tree fell on his car on the B977 in Aberdeenshire around 5.45pm yesterday.

Shortly after cops arrived at the scene, their police van was almost torn in two by another falling tree – as the devastating storm raged on, cutting off power for thousands.

Luckily, no officers were hurt in the incident near Hatton-of-Fintray, Aberdeenshire.

Police Scotland confirmed a driver – who has not been named – was “fatally injured when a vehicle was struck by a falling tree”.

He died at the scene shortly before 6pm.

It marks Storm Arwen’s third casualty, after head teacher and dad-of-four Francis Lagan was killed when a tree fell on his car in Antrim, Northern Ireland, yesterday.

And a second man – who has also not been named – was crushed by a falling tree in Ambleside, Cumbria, last night.

The production base suffered ‘significant damage’

The crew’s equipment at Gwrych Castle, north Wales, were affected by the gales