CAROLINE Flack’s heartbroken boyfriend today paid tribute to her after she was tragically found dead yesterday.
Lewis Burton posted on Instagram this morning saying he is “in so much pain” after she took her own life.
Caroline Flack’s boyfriend had posted a Valentine’s Day message
He wrote: “My heart is broken we had something so special.”I am so lost for words I am in so much pain I miss you so much I know you felt safe with me you always said.
“I dont think about anything else when I am with you and I was not allowed to be there this time I kept asking and asking.
“I will be your voice baby I promise I will ask all the questions you wanted and I will get all the answers nothing will bring you back but I will try make you proud everyday.
“I love you with all my heart .”
He included a picture of the pair of them on holiday in the emotional post, showing Caroline posing with her arms around him.
Ex-Strictly winnerCaroline, 40, died alone at her new flat in East London,where her body was discovered yesterday morning.
Carolines family parents Christine and Ian, brother Paul and sisters Elizabeth and Jody confirmed her death yesterday.
They said: We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today on the 15th February.
Lewis, 27, rushed back from a skiing holiday yesterday after being told the shocking news.
On Friday he had posted a picture of the couple, saying: Happy Valentines. Love You.
Police and paramedics rushed to Carolines flat yesterday, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her death is being treated as non-suspicious, with a post-mortem scheduled and an inquest set to open this week.
It comes less than three weeks before she was due to face trial on charges of assault by beating.
Sources have previously told The Sun on Sunday that Caroline hoped the case would not go ahead because Lewis had stood by her and did not want to press charges.
Caroline was said to have been determined to prove her innocence when the case eventually went to crown court, scheduled for March 4.
But she was also tormented by strict bail conditions which prevented her from contacting Lewis until after the trial.
She had been accused at a court hearing on December 23 of hitting him over the head with a lamp at 5am as he slept.
Her managers said in a statement: “We are devastated at the loss of our client and friend Caroline Flack.
“An immensely talented young woman who was at the top of her game professionally and loved by television viewers across the country.
“In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported.
“The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events.
“The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest.
“And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline. Our thoughts are with Caroline’s family at this time.”
Her shock death sparked a torrent of tweets from stunned pals and celebrities and throws the future of Love Island into doubt.
She took her life hours after being told the CPS were pursuing her assault charge
If you are affected by any of the issues raised in this article, please call the Samaritans on (free)116123