GOING out for a slap-up meal is still off the menu.
So why not rustle up a restaurant-worthy dinner at home – by serving up a meaty marvel for your loved ones.
You can choose from turkey, beef, pork or lamb.
Try these three sizzling recipes that are easy to make – and taste great too.
Lemon-marinated turkey steak with a warm potato salad and pesto
Serves 4 – £1.75 per person
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 380g thin-cut turkey steak
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 600g new potatoes
- 50g mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves removed and chopped finely
- 1 tsp of olive oil for frying
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- First, prepare the marinade. In a shallow bowl, mix the juice of half a lemon, garlic clove, oil, paprika and salt. Next, add the turkey steaks and allow to sit while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and cook the new potatoes.
- Once cooked, cool slightly (cold enough to handle) and cut in half.
- Mix your halved potatoes with the mayonnaise, onion and parsley to form a potato salad.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil and cook your turkey steaks for two minutes on each side, allow to rest before plating.
- Put a pile of potato salad on the plate, top with a turkey steak and add a tablespoon of pesto to each plate.