TESCO is recalling packs of festive fruit and nuts over fears they could make shoppers sick.
Some of its own-branded Finest Festive Fruit & Nut Selection items have been mispacked in its Finest Dark Chocolate Brazil Nuts packaging.Tesco is recalling packs of festive fruit and nuts over fears they could make shoppers sick
As a result, sulphur dioxide isn’t mentioned on the label, which means it’s a health risk for anyone with a sensitivity to sulphur dioxide or sulphites.
Symptoms of sensitivity could include itchiness, an upset stomach, dizziness as well as a drop in blood pressure.
The product recall at Tesco applies to packs weighing 225g, which come with a best before date of May 2021.
The also come with a batch code of “L0075004”, and are sold at Tesco for £4 each or for a cheaper £3 if you’re a Clubcard member.
The festive fruit and nuts have accidentally been put into Tesco’s Brazil nuts packaging
The recalled packs will have the Dark Chocolate Brazil Nuts label on the front, but the transparent packaging enables you to check if it’s actually the festive fruit and nuts inside.
Tesco told HOAR up to 2,000 units may be affected by the mispack.
If you suffer from sensitivity to sulphur dioxide or sulphites, you’re being urged to avoid eating the affected products.
Instead, return it to your nearest Tesco store for a full refund. You don’t need to have the receipt to get your money back.
Tesco has almost 4,000 stores across the UK. You can find your nearest one by using its store locator tool.
If you’d like more details, you can contact Tesco’s customer services by calling 0800 505 555.
A spokesperson for the supermarket told HOAR: “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
Last month, Tesco issued a recall on packs of spicy chorizo slices over fears they could be contaminated with listeria.
A popular baby cereal by Aptamil was also being recalled from major UK supermarkets and retailers over fears it contained pieces of plastic.
Meanwhile, Next has recalled a kids duvet and pillowcase set over fears children could get trapped inside.