Thousands of households can apply for £110 free cash direct to bank accounts from this week – can you get the bill help?

Detail of a woman counting money for payment.

THOUSANDS of households can apply for £110 free cash which will be direct into their bank accounts from this week.

The money comes via the Household Support Fund (HSF), which is worth £842million.

Thousands of households can get up £110 free cash transferred into the bank accounts

The pot has been shared between councils in England who then decide how to distribute their portion.

But each local authority has been given a unique amount and is sharing it to residents depending on their own criteria.

That means what you are entitled to can be a bit of postcode lottery based on where you live.

Thousands of residents in Cheshire East can apply for help worth up to £160.

Meanwhile, households in Torridge can get up to £1,000 free cash paid direct into their bank accounts.

And thousands of residents in Cambridgeshire can get £110 paid into their bank accounts or in the form of vouchers to help cover essentials such as food or energy.

Who is eligible?

You will eligible for the £110 payment if you meet a list of criteria. You must:

  • currently live in Cambridgeshire
  • have £16,000 or less in money, savings and investments
  • have income levels under a certain amount
  • have not applied to the HSF within the last three months

The income levels you must be at to qualify vary depending on your circumstances.

For example, if you are a single adult living alone, with no children, you must be earning less than £24,876 a year to qualify for help.

Or, if you are a couple applying and have two children, you must be earning, combined, less than £42,418 a year.

Eligibility varies depending on whether you are paid monthly or weekly too.

You should check out Cambridgeshire Council’s website for further details.

How do I apply?

You can apply online on Cambridgeshire Council’s website via the Household Support Fund Application Form.

You’ll need to have some documents to hand before doing so though, including three months of bank statements showing your income.

You will be able to upload screenshots or photos as long as they are readable.

If you are above state pension age, currently 66, and meet the eligibility criteria, you can also apply through Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.

You can call on 01223 221929 or email [email protected].

Cambridgeshire Council says it is aiming to process applications within two weeks.

The authority will be in touch with you if your application is successful.

What about if I don’t live in Cambridgeshire?

You can get help if you don’t live in Cambridgeshire, but what you are entitled to will vary.

Some authorities are offering help in the form of vouchers while others are paying people direct into their bank accounts.

The best thing to do is contact your local authority to see what help they can offer you through the HSF.

You can find out what council area you fall under by using the Government’s council locator tool.

You just have to enter your postcode, which you can find on any mail or utility bill sent to your home address.