PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have today written their final post as they ditch their official SussexRoyal website and Instagram account after quitting the Royal Family.
The couple, who step down as senior royals on Wednesday, wrote: “Thank you to this community – for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world” and signed off as “Harry & Meghan”.
After long discussions with the Queen, they agreed to drop the title from their Instagram account, which has more than 11million followers.
Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, will also drop the prestigious title from their website and charitable organisation.
The pair, who have moved from the £10.7million mansion they were borrowing in Vancouver with 10-month-old Archie, have relocated to Los Angeles.
President Donald Trump said they will have to fork out for their own security as he refused to foot the couple’s huge £20million security bill.
But the pair today revealed they have “made private arrangements” and announced their separation from the Royal Family will be reviewed after 12 months.
It was also revealed that Catherine St Laurent will start as Chief of Staff to the pair at the beginning of April.
A Sussex Royal spokesperson said: “As was agreed with The Royal Family, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will no longer use the name Sussex Royal for their charitable organisation, Instagram or website.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend the next few months focusing on their family and continuing to do what they can, safely and privately, to support and work with their pre-existing charitable commitments while developing their future non-profit organisation.
“Following today’s post, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will no longer post on Instagram under the @sussexroyal handle and will also no longer update SussexRoyal.com website.
“Both the Instagram account and website will remain in existence online for the foreseeable future, although they will be inactive.
“The Duke and Duchess have made private security arrangements.
“For their safety and that of those protecting them, no further comment or guidance will be provided.”
It comes after Trump tweeted: “I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada.
“Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
The couple have been staunch critics of Trump in the past.
Meghan snubbed him at a Buckingham Palace banquet last year and Harry recently claimed the American leader had “blood on his hands” for ignoring climate change.
Harry’s disparaging remarks were made in a prank phone call – revealed by HOAR – where he was fooled into thinking he was talking to activist Greta Thunberg.
They responded to the comments overnight, saying: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the U.S. government for security resources.
The pair fled Canada amid the coronavirus pandemic on a private flight before the borders between Canada and the US were shut.
Meghan has already landed a voiceover role on a Disney show about elephants.
She and Harry have closed their London office and will rely on staff and agents in Hollywood.