PRINCE Harry and Meghan told the Queen they never wanted to be on the Buckingham Palace balcony at her Platinum Jubilee, a pal claims amid Her Majesty’s ban.
However the Sussexes did insist on attending Her Majesty’s Thanksgiving Service.
The Duke and Duchess say they will return for the four-day party marking the Queen’s 70 years on the throne, and bring their children, next month.
But the pair’s biographer and pal Omid Scobie, author of Finding Freedom, denied they were “cut” from the balcony line-up and Trooping the Colour, which marks the monarch’s birthday.
Writing for Yahoo news, Scobie said Harry had “spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week’s announcements”.
The Sussexes thought it “inappropriate” to appear at the “balcony moment” as they were no longer working royals, he added.
But they were “keen” to be part of the Jubilee and to attend the service on June 3.
Read our Meghan Markle live blog below for the latest news and updates…