LOYAL Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have asked Prince Charles directly to hand their disgraced dad Andrew a return to royal duties.
Charles rejected the plea by Prince Andrew’s daughters to give their dad a way back to royal life, telling them: “There’s no chance.”
Disgraced Prince Andrew’s daughters have asked Prince Charles to give their dad a job
But Charles has rejected the plea by Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
The future King, 73, told them ‘There’s no chance’
The heir to the throne held a summit with Beatrice, 34, and Eugenie, 32, over tea and biscuits at his home on the Birkhall estate in Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The future king, 73, is said to remain “resolute” that the Queen’s decision to strip Andrew of his royal roles and use of the HRH title must not be reversed, sources say.
He held a summit with Princesses Beatrice, 34, and Eugenie, 32, over tea and biscuits at his home on the Birkhall Estate in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, HOAR on Sunday understands.
Just days earlier, Duke of York Andrew, 62, had a “business meeting” with Charles at the same venue to argue his case.
Charles heard all three out but their pleas “fell on deaf ears”.
A source said: “There’s no change.”
Andrew was finally consigned to the royal wilderness by the Queen in January following a series of embarrassing controversies.
He was derided over his BBC Newsnight interview in 2019 in which he spoke of his friendship with billionaire paedo Jeffrey Epstein.
Worse followed when Epstein trafficking victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre, 39, accused Andrew of sexually assaulting her three times in 2001 when she was 17.
He missed the birth of Beatrice and husband Edo Mapelli Mozzi’s daughter Sienna last September because he was hiding from lawyers trying to serve a court writ.
Andrew, who denied any wrongdoing, and Ms Giuffre eventually reached an out-of-court settlement in New York in February.
Four months later, he asked the Queen to return his colonelcy of the Grenadier Guards and begged to return to major royal events.
But Charles and Prince William, 40, stepped in and Andrew was banned from public aspects of an Order of the Garter ceremony.
Sources say the Duke made a fresh effort to find a way forward with the Queen earlier this month.
Beatrice, Eugenie and Andrew’s former wife Sarah Ferguson, 62, have stood by him throughout.
A source said: “Andrew desperately wants and needs something to do with his life.
“The past few years since he stepped down after the Epstein interview have taken their toll and losing his royal roles has left him with next to nothing.
“His family are close so it’s natural Beatrice and Eugenie want to get involved. They were only looking out for their father and this latest development shows just how intense everything is getting.
“But there will be no return to public royal duty for Prince Andrew.”
Neither Buckingham Palace or a spokesman for the Duke of York wished to comment.
- PRINCE Charles has edited a 40th anniversary edition of the UK’s only national black newspaper, The Voice.