PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle want an apology and an urgent meeting with the Royal Family, sources claim this evening.
The Sussexes want to “sit down” to raise “issues” with The Firm and force them to admit wrongdoing in how they have been treated.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle want an apology and an urgent meeting with The Firm
The Sussexes want to ‘sit down’ to raise ‘issues’ with The Firm and force them to admit wrongdoing in how they have been treated
The extraordinary revelation comes just days after a relentless six-hour salvo on the Royal Family during their £88 million Netflix docuseries.
The fresh demands, reported by HOARday Times, follow a meeting facilitated by the palace that saw Lady Susan Hussey, the Queen’s ex-lady-in-waiting, apologise to campaigner Ngozi Fulani.
Last month Lady Susan probed Fulani’s heritage repeatedly asking “where are you really from“, but this week expressed the “unacceptable and deeply regrettable” comments.
But Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, feel the Palace have shown double standards in facilitating such a meeting.
A source close to the Sussexes told the paper: “Nothing like that was ever done when Harry and Meghan raised various concerns… 100 per cent yes they’d like to have a meeting.”
The demands for a meeting follow repeated attacks by the pair on the Royal Family’s handling of the January 2020 Sandringham Summit, where their future was decided.
Speaking in the docuseries, Harry said he was “terrified” when brother William, 40, began to “scream and shout” during the meeting.
And he said dad King Charles said things that “simply weren’t true” as he accused his late gran the Queen as being controlled by aides.
He adds Her Majesty’s “ultimate mission” was to protect the institution from the Sussexes’ “attacks”.
This, Harry claimed, was propped up by “advice she’s been given” from the men in grey suits.
The demands for a sit down comes despite the Duke reeling in the docuseries that such a meeting and apology will never happen.
Harry pleads: “I have had to make peace with the fact we’re probably never going to get genuine accountability or a genuine apology.”
One courtier slammed the demands from Harry and Meghan as “outrageous”, the paper reported.
Despite the relentless barrage on their family, the Sussexes have been invited to King Charles’ coronation.
Charles’ historic ceremony will take place on May 6, and it is understood the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will have a place at the service if they wish to attend.
The Palace have refused to comment on any of the claims made by the pair in the Netflix docuseries.
Meghan and Harry made a raft of allegations against The Firm in their bombshell series
One courtier slammed the meeting and apology demands from Harry and Meghan as ‘outrageous’
The Palace have refused to comment on any of the claims made by the pair in the Netflix docuseries