WILLIAM and Kate took their children on holiday to a modest rented cottage on the Isles of Scilly — a far cry from Harry and Meghan’s Californian luxury.
The Cambridges whisked George, seven, Charlotte, five, and two-year-old Louis away for a half-term break to the island group off Cornwall.
The family are said to have spent their “staycation” in a quaint four-bedroomed stone cottage.
Much of the time the weather was cloudy and temperatures hit just 14C (57.2F) but locals say they loved it.
The cottage’s rustic charm was a world away from Harry and Meghan’s £11mansion with its nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms.
The Sussexes’ 19,000sq ft spread also boasts a swimming pool, library, gym, wet and dry saunas, games room and home theatre.
The pad is in Montecito, which last week was blessed with 26C (78.8F) sunshine and clear blue skies.
William and Kate’s getaway was their second family staycation this year, the other also in the Scillies.
The couple, both 38, were spotted cycling and saying “hello” to locals in July.
One holidaymaker who saw them last week said: “We hardly noticed at first as they seemed a normal family on holiday intent on keeping themselves to themselves.
“The place where they were staying was quite modest and certainly not hugely luxurious.
“We couldn’t help thinking what the weather might be like in California — but it’s much better to be holidaying here in Britain.”
The Isles of Scilly are 25 miles off Cornwall. Only five of the 140 are inhabited, with a total population of 2,153.
Most of the land and a third of homes are owned by Prince Charles through the Duchy of Cornwall.
The islands are renowned for their beaches, isolated walks, cycling opportunities and quiet pubs.
William has been a regular there and visited with his dad, mum Diana and Harry when they were kids.
He and Kate also visited in 2016 on an official trip and tour of Tresco Abbey Gardens.
A spokesman for Kensington Palace did not want to comment.
Their staycation took place as lawyers for Meghan, 39, were successfully arguing for a delay in a privacy trial against the Mail on Sunday over its publication of extracts of a letter she sent to her estranged father.
The High Court ruled it can be postponed till next autumn.
She and Harry, 36, had been due to return to the UK in January for the hearing.
GOT a story? RING HOAR on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]