THE countdown to the end of 2020 is on . . . and thankfully it’s just five days away.
But just how well do you remember this most challenging year of all?
Quiz guru Shaun Williamson – who played Barry in EastEnders until 2004 – tests you on just how good your 2020 vision is.
Shaun, 55, said: “Lockdowns have given us a shared love of quizzing.
“It was the perfect way for families to connect virtually and share our twin passions of drinking and being right.”
The Royal Family
- At which royal residence would the Queen normally spend Xmas?
- In this year’s I’m A Celebrity, Ruthie Henshall revealed she got up close and personal with which royal in Buckingham Palace?
- Given a £2.4million makeover, which property is now the home of Princess Eugenie?
- Which wedding anniversary did the Queen and Prince Philip celebrate on November 20?
- Now rescheduled to 2021, which sports meeting, created by Prince Harry, features disabled armed services personnel?
- A collection of sustainable clothing was developed by the Yoox Net-A-Porter group with which senior royal?
- Having actively worked for the East Anglian branch from 2015-17, Prince William became which charity’s official patron in March?
- Which royal married Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on July 17 in the Royal Chapel at Windsor?
- Who did Emma Corrin portray in the Netflix drama The Crown?
- On April 21, the Queen celebrated which birthday?
- Channel 4 recorded its highest viewing figures in 20 years when Peter Sawkins won which competition
- Darragh Ennis is the latest addition to which TV quiz show?
- Who was the first person to be voted off this year’s I’m A Celebrity?
- Which Netflix drama told the story of an orphaned chess prodigy?
- It was announced in November that which duo were to replace Eamonn and Ruth on This Morning?
- Which TV quiz show host’s first novel, The Thursday Murder Club, became the fastest-selling adult crime debut ever on its release in September?
- Which ex-soap star won Dancing On Ice in March?
- Which rebooted game show features a “scanagram” and an “inflatable bonus”?
- Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones steamed up the screen in which sexy BBC 3 drama set in Ireland?
- What answer did actress Amanda Henderson give on Celebrity Mastermind in January when asked to name the Swedish activist Greta Thunberg? Her answer led to Greta adopting the name for her Twitter account.
- Which two soccer wives are involved in a “Wagatha Christie” legal battle?
- Ex-One Direction star Zayn Malik is in a relationship with which US model?
- Which Hollywood star gave each of his 14 closest friends $1million in cash as a thank you for their support?
- Who was named Best Actor at the Oscars and used his speech to condemn the artificial insemination of cows?
- Which Savage singer shocked her fans on Instagram by claiming to have been shot in both feet by a rapper?
- Which veteran broadcaster and documentary maker beat Jennifer Aniston’s record as the fastest person to reach one million Instagram followers?
- On Nov 13, which British singer was the first solo, male cover star for US Vogue?
- On May 17, Which US sportsman’s autographed Air Nike 1 trainers sold for a record $560,000 in an online auction?
- Who ran for the US presidency under the Birthday Party – so called as “…when we win, it’s everybody’s birthday”?
- Novelist MacKenzie Scott became the world’s richest woman in September with a net worth of $67.4billion. Who is her ex-husband?
- Capt Sir Tom Moore became the oldest person to have a UK No1 when he joined who on You’ll Never Walk Alone in March?
- Who is replacing Graham Norton on his BBC2 Saturday radio show?
- Which US singer had two UK No1s with Positions and Rain On Me, a duet with Lady GaGa?
- What connects these songs? Your Song by Ellie Goulding, Your Song by Elton John and, this year, Give A Little Love by Celeste?
- Rod Stewart reformed which band for the closing ceremony of the Brit Awards?
- In which city was the cancelled 2020 Eurovision song contest to have been held?
- When Living In A Ghost Town was streamed in April, it became the 120th hit for which group?
- Which K-pop band’s single Dynamite became the first video to be watched more than 100million times in 24 hours on YouTube?
- With the success of Disco, who became the first woman to top the UK album charts over five successive decades?
- Abel Makkonen Tesfaye is the real name of which Blinding Lights singer?
Gone but not forgotten
- Eddie Van Halen, who died on October 6, did the guitar solo for which 1983 Michael Jackson hit?
- Chadwick Boseman, who left us on August 28, portrayed which Marvel character in film?
- Which member of England’s 1966 World Cup-winning team passed away on July 10?
- Michael Angelis, who died in May, was the narrator of which children’s TV show?
- Sean Connery died on Oct 31. In how many films did he portray James Bond?
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’s father-in-law died on February 5, aged 103. What was his name?
- Which entertainer, who died on November 14, had a UK No1 single with I Pretend in 1966?
- What was the name of John Travolta’s wife who died in July?
- Known to millions as Bilbo Baggins, which knighted actor died in June?
- Leaving us on September 10, which Dame played Olenna Tyrell in Game Of Thrones and also played the only character ever to marry James Bond?