GOROU was introduced to Genshin Impact at the same time as Arataki Itto, but didn’t gain the same popularity.
However, the Geo archer should not be underestimated, as he can be incredibly useful as a support fighter on your team.
Gorou has canine blood.
When outfitted with the best weapons and artifacts Gorou is a particularly strong piece in teams featuring Geo characters.
Here’s the best way to build Gorou in Genshin Impact.
Best weapons for Gorou in Genshin Impact
Gorou’s main strength is in his elemental burst, which increases the defense of his party members by 25%.
Because of this his energy recharge is vital to his success, and the four-star bow Favonius Warbow is perfect for him.
This weapon will not only increase his recharge rate, but can also create elemental particles.
The best alternatives for Gorou include:
- Sacrificial Bow (four-Star bow)
- Elegy for the End (five-Star bow)
Best artifacts for Gorou in Genshin Impact
Since both defense and energy recharge are important for Gorou, you should mix pieces of two different artifact sets for the best results.
Two pieces of Husk of Opulent Dreams will boost Gorou’s defense by 30%.
This can be paired with two pieces of Emblem of Severed Fate; two pieces of this will improve his energy recharge rate by 20%.
Alternatively, a full set of Noblesse Oblige will add an attack buff to all party members after using a special ability.
- Flower: HP (main stat), Energy Recharge, Defense %, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage (sub stats)
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Energy Recharge, Defense %, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage (sub stats)
- Sands: Energy Recharge (main stat), Defense %, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Defense (sub stats)
- Goblet: Defense (main stat), Energy Recharge, Defense %, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage (sub stats)
- Circlet: Defense % (main stat), Energy Recharge, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Defense (sub stats)
Best teams for Gorou in Genshin Impact
Gorou is at his best when on a full Geo team, as his ultimate also helps boost Geo damage.
- Arataki Itto (Main DPS), Albedo (Sub DPS), Zhongli (Support), Gorou (Support)
Arataki Itto deals huge damage, and this is only further boosted by Gorou’s support.
Albedo’s flowers will also help out here, pairing well with Itto’s attack.
Zhongli works as the final piece, keeping the team healthy with his shields.
Characters like Noelle and Ningguang can substitute for Itto, if you don’t have him in your roster.
Off-field support characters of other elements can be used with Gorou, but should at least be able to trigger the Crystalize reaction.
Raiden Shogun is especially useful, as she can provide the team with energy.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
Did you miss our previous article…