SANGONOMIYA Kokomi was ridiculed among the Genshin Impact community upon release, but has since become one of the game’s best support characters.
She is also a strong sub-DPS character, and is a key part in one of Genshin’s strongest team compositions, Sukokomon.
Kokomi has become one of the game’s finest.
This five-star Hydro character is both versatile in her positioning and powerful in her magic.
If you want to use Kokomi in your Genshin Impact team, here’s how best to equip her.
Best Weapons for Kokomi in Genshin Impact Kokomi
Kokomi’s special ability heals her team while also releasing Hydro effects onto the field.
Not only this, but once she ignites her Elemental Burst, her standard attacks become more powerful.
This is a strange combination for a character, but her requirements are all fulfilled by the five-star catalyst Everlasting Moonglow.
This increases the wearer’s HP, and boosts healing by 20%. It also boosts damage by 3% of the users max HP.
Energy generation is one of her major weaknesses, and this weapon helps out by allowing her standard attacks to restore her energy.
Alternative weapons for Kokomi include:
- Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers (three-star catalyst) – increases HP, and increases Attack of swapped-in characters.
- Prototype Amber (four-star catalyst) – increases HP, regenerates energy of the wearer and HP of the team after abilities. This is craftable and a good free-to-play option.
- Skyward Atlas (five-star catalyst) – increases Attack, and triggers damaging effects on standard attacks.
- Hakushin Ring (four-star catalyst) – increases efficiency of Electro reactions, and increases charge rate. This one is only recommended when used with Electro teams.
Best Artifacts for Kokomi in Genshin Impact
When playing Kokomi as a support character, Tenacity of the Milleliths is the best set.
Two pieces will increase the wearer’s HP by 20%, and four pieces provide a boost to Attack and shield strength for the entire team when elemental abilities deal damage.
If you want Kokomi in the Sub DPS role then choose Ocean-Hued Clam.
Two pieces boost healing by 15%, and four pieces summon a damaging effect that deals area damage based on the amount of healing the wearer is doing.
Since Kokomi heals with both her special ability as well as her standard attacks after triggering her Elemental Burst, it adds up to a lot of damage.
Kokomi can’t do critical damage, so you can distribute sub stats like so:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Health %, Energy Recharge, Health, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), Health %, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Attack % (sub stats).
- Sands: Health % (main stat), Health, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Attack % (sub stats).
- Goblet: Hydro Damage % (for Sub DPS) or Healing Bonus % (for support) (main stat), Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Attack %, Health (sub stats).
- Circlet: Healing Bonus % (main stat), Health %, Health, Energy Recharge, Attack % (sub stats).
Best teams for Kokomi in Genshin Impact
If you want to use the infamous Sukokomon here’s the team:
- Xiangling (Main DPS), Kokomi (Sub DPS/Support), Fischl (Sub DPS), Sucrose (Support).
To implement the most damage, this is how each match plays out:
- Fischl: Special Ability.
- Kokomi: Special Ability.
- Xiangling: Special Ability.
- Sucrose: a standard attack and Special Ability.
- Xiangling: Elemental Burst.
- Kokomi: Elemental Burst and two standard attack chains.
- Fischl: Elemental Burst.
- Xiangling: Special Ability.
- Sucrose: standard attack, Special Ability, two standard attacks and Elemental Burst, finally two to three standard attack chains until Fischl’s Special Ability is ready to go.
This composition is capable of steadily inflicting high levels of damage while keeping all characters healthy.
Alternative team compositions with Kokomi include:
- Ayaka (Main DPS), Kokomi (Sub DPS/support), Yelan (Sub DPS), Venti (Support)
Double Hydro teams make a strong composition and both Kokomi and Yelan (or Xingqiu) improve with increased health.
- Ayaka (Main DPS), Kokomi (Sub DPS/Support), Shenhe (Sub DPS), Kazuha (Support)
Kokomi is also strong on double Cryo teams like the one above, that rely on Freeze reactions.
Ayaka and Shenhe can be replaced by Kaeya and Ganyu, while Kazuha can be subbed for Venti or Sucrose.
- Kokomi (Main DPS/Support), Beidou (Sub DPS), Fischl (Sub DPS), Sucrose (Support)
This third team is a double Electro composition. Beidou and Fischl can be replaced by Raiden and Yae Miko.
- Tighnari (Main DPS), Raiden (Sub DPS), Yae Miko (Sub DPS), Kokomi (Sub DPS/Support)
In order to integrate the Dendro element, this is a combination you can use.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
Did you miss our previous article…