FANS are rushing to buy a number of popular games from the 3DS and Wii U store ahead of the eShop closure.
Both online storefronts close on March 27, 2023, and after that these games will no longer be available for purchase.
The original games are some of the people’s favourites.
As the deadline fast approaches, gamers have been rushing to the eShop to buy the games before they’re gone.
The top seven most popular games on the list belong to the Pokémon franchise, with the Trading Card Game also appearing in the top 20.
The Pokémon series is the most requested series to appear on the Nintendo Switch Online service, but so far there has been no announcement that this is planned.
What is surprising is that games that will be included on the subscription service have made the top 20 purchases.
These include the Pokémon Trading Game, and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.
Following on from Pokémon, Phoenix Wright was the next most popular series, with four games appearing on the list.
The Monster Hunter series also proved popular with three games making the top 20.
Other series like Street Fighter, Mega Man and Resident Evil also made the list.
Only one indie game made the list, with Shovel Knight being the tenth most downloaded game.
Here are the top 20 in full:
1. Pokémon Crystal
2. Pokémon Red
3. Pokémon Yellow
4. Pokémon Gold
5. Pokémon Silver
6. Pokémon Blue
7. Pokémon Dream Radar
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice
10. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
11. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies
12. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
13. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
14. Mega Man Legacy Collection
15. Monster Hunter Generations
16. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
17. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
18. Pokémon Trading Card Game
19. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
20. Resident Evil Revelations
Written by Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.