ZEALOTS act as a constant support against the hordes of enemies you will face in Warhammer 40k: Darktide.
They are just one of the four playable classes on offer in Warhammer’s latest offering, and an important part of your team.
Zealots are defensive tanks.
However, with so many feats, weapons and curios on offer, it’s hard to know what’s best to equip.
Here’s our tips for building your Zealot in Warhammer 40k: Darktide.
Best feats for Zealots in Warhammer 40k: Darktide
There are three talents Zealots can choose from every five levels, and it’s important to pick the right ones for your class.
These can be changed at any time, so don’t worry if you’ve already chosen one, you can go back and try something else.
Here’s the talents we recommend:
- Level 5 – Enemies Within, Enemies Without: 7.5% of toughness regenerates when you are less than eight meters from an enemy.
- Level 10 – Punishment: Hits against three or more targets deal 10% more damage for five seconds; effect stacks up to three times.
- Level 15 – Benediction: You and all allies within cohesion range take 15% less damage to toughness.
- Level 20 – Thy Wrath be Swift: Melee attacks can no longer stun you. If you take damage, you are 30% faster for two seconds.
- Level 25 – Honour the Martyr: Doubles the possible stacks of your Martyrdom ability from three to six.
- Level 30 – Purge the Wicked: Chastise the Wicked, your class ability, can be used twice before you need to gather energy again.
Best Weapons for Zealots in Warhammer 40k: Darktide
Heavy weapons are the best choice for Zealots, so things like a Thunder Hammer, Eviscerator, or Chain Axe all make good choices.
It might take a while to get used to these slow weapons, so you can use a simple combat blade until you get the hang of things.
Ranged weapons are more a matter of taste, and you can try out the great variety of weapons the game has on offer.
Boltguns and Auto Pistols work well with heavy melee weapons, and the Flamer is a particularly fun and atmospheric option for purging some mutants.
Best Curios for Zealots in Warhammer 40k: Darktide
When choosing curios you want to go for something that will recharge your class ability as quickly as possible.
This will significantly improve how long you can last, and your damage output when in battle.
For the same reasons, you’ll want to put as much as possible into boosting your toughness for this class.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
Did you miss our previous article…