I’M A Celeb hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly have revealed the horrors that unfolded on the set of the show last week.
The pair, both 46, revealed how the show came to fall off air after Storm Arwen lashed the Welsh castle where the series is filmed.
Speaking from Ant’s cottage in North Wales the pair said they were “just gutted” after their show was cancelled for the first time in its history.
They added that the high winds ripped up the production team’s marquees and tents – with Gwrych Castle itself the only building unaffected.
The pair told how bosses ordered them to come into the castle on Friday afternoon saying: “We got a call on Friday afternoon to come into site ASAP as we had to pre-record the show just to be safe in case satellites went down.”
As predicted, Storm Arwen did indeed strike, leaving some of the show’s production facilities in tatters.
Dec told hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield: “The wind had destroyed the tent base. The site was unsafe.
“No one was allowed back on the site. We had no choice but to pull he show. We were just gutted.
“We had to put the celebs back in to quarantine. It’s been a huge upheaval of a week.”
Ant went on to praise the show’s production team, saying: “They worked round the clock.
“The castle is the one thing that’s absolutely fine. The only reason we took the celebrities out because it was just mean to leave them.
Read our I’m A Celeb 2021 live blog for the latest updates
They have no phones, no internet and are cut off from the rest of the world – just how we like it.”
He added: “They were absolutely gutted to leave. Arlene took her sleeping bag. Danny’s been sleeping on the floor because he’s not comfortable in the bed.
“They’ve done a week of it and they want the full experience.”
I’m A Celebrity is returning to our screens tonight at 9pm, after the celebrities were allowed back into the castle.