ALBEDO has been in Genshin Impact for a long time but that doesn’t make him any less reliable as a choice for your team.
In the story he is Mondstadt’s chief alchemist, so it’s no surprise that he’s a five-star character.
Albedo is making his comeback.
With his Geo element, he makes for a strong secondary damage dealer on a number of teams.
Here’s how to build Albedo to use him in Genshin Impact.
Best weapons for Albedo in Genshin Impact
Fans called one update the ‘Albedo patch’ as it introduced his best weapon into the game.
The Cinnabar Spindle is a great option for him, as it increases defense and the damage of elemental abilities based on your defense stat.
The downside is that it was an exclusive event weapon, so there is no way to get access to it currently if you don’t already have it.
If you don’t have the Cinnabar Spindle here are some alternatives.
- Harbinger of Dawn (three-star sword)
- Primordial Jade Cutter (five-star sword)
- Festering Desire (four-star sword)
Best artifacts for Albedo in Genshin Impact
Unlike most other Genshin Impact characters, Albedo relies heavily on having a high defense stat.
As such, a full set of Husk of Opulent Dreams will provide big bonuses for both his defense and his overall Geo damage.
Other options include a full set of Archaic Petra, or two pieces of this mixed with two pieces of Husk of Opulent Dreams.
Whichever set you choose these are the stats you want to invest in.
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Defense%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Defense%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Sands: Defense% (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Energy Recharge, Defense (sub stats).
- Goblet: Geo Damage% (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Defense%, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Circlet: Critical Hit Rate or Critical Damage (main stat), Critical Hit Rate or Critical Damage, Defense%, Energy Recharge, Defense (sub stats).
Best teams for Albedo in Genshin Impact
Albedo deals most of his damage through the flowers he creates through his elemental skill and it is worth using characters that synergise with this.
One team worth considering would look like this:
- Xiao (Main DPS), Albedo (Sub DPS), Jean (Support), Zhongli (Support)
Xiao benefits from being able to execute plunge attacks thanks to Albedo’s flowers.
Zhongli and Albedo are a particularly strong pair, thanks to their creation of Geo Resonance, making Zhongli’s shields tougher.
Jean creates energy particles to recharge the team’s elemental bursts and acts as a healer.
- Itto (Main DPS), Albedo (Sub DPS), Gorou (Support), Zhongli (Support)
This pure Geo composition uses Itto as its main damage dealer.
Everyone else buffs and protects him so he can do the maximum amount of damage.
- Hu Tao (Main DPS), Xingqiu (Sub DPS), Albedo (Support), Zhongli (Support)
In this team, Albedo helps to protect Hu Tao by boosting Zhongli’s shields.
Albedo also provides a strong buff to the team’s elemental mastery, which in turn makes the elemental reactions Hu Tao and Xingqiu trigger much more powerful.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.