YELAN has returned in Genshin Impact banners, and she is one of the easiest characters to build for your team.
As you focus on buffing her HP, this Hydro character can be deceptively strong.
Her elemental burst is her strongest attack.
If you pull Yelan in the latest banner, you’ll want to get the most out of her solid off-field abilities.
Here’s how to make the most out of Yelan in Genshin Impact.
Best weapons for Yelan in Genshin Impact
As you want to make the most out of Yelan’s HP, her signature Aqua Simulacra is her best weapon.
This will increase her critical damage and boost her HP by 16%. It also increases all damage by 20%.
This is an important boost, as her best damage is from her elemental burst, which is activated off-field
It provides additional Critical Damage, a 16% boost to HP, and a 20% increase in damage for the wielder of the weapon, whether they are on the field or not, when enemies are nearby. This is a very powerful support ability that strengthens Yelan in her role as an off-field Sub DPS.
Here are some alternatives if you don’t have the best weapons for Yelan in Genshin Impact:
- Elegy for the End (5-star bow)
- Fading Twilight (4-star bow)
- The Stringless (4-star bow)
- Sacrificial Bow (4-star bow)
Best artifacts for Yelan in Genshin Impact
The choice of artifact set is a bit more difficult, as you want to boost both her HP and Hydro damage.
As her best damage comes from her elemental burst, she also needs good energy recharge.
This means she works best with a mixed set. Two pieces of Tenacity of the Millelith will increase her HP by 20%.
You can pair this with two pieces of Heart of Depth which will boost Hydro damage by 15%.
However, if you have problems with your elemental burst you can use a full set of Emblem of Severed Fate.
This will increase both energy recharge and elemental burst damage.
In both cases, you’ll want the following stat distribution on artifacts for Yelan:
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge, HP% (secondary stats)
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge, HP% (secondary stats)
- Sands: HP% (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery (secondary stats)
- Goblet: Hydro Damage% (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge, HP% (secondary stats)
- Circlet: Critical Hit Rate or Critical Damage (main stat), Critical Hit Rate or Critical Damage, Energy Recharge, HP%, Elemental Mastery (secondary stats)
Best teams for Yelan in Genshin Impact
Yelan works best in the off-field Sub DPS role, and she will only be active in battle for a short time.
Due to how her elemental burst works she is also best used with characters who use their normal attacks.
- Kamisato Ayato (Main DPS), Yelan (Sub DPS), Nahida (Support), Kuki Shinobu (Support)
This is a hyperbloom team that uses both Ayato and Yelan’s Hydro effects to soak the field.
They will also buff the entire team using Hydro resonance, boosting damage further.
Nahida and Shinobu provide the elements for reactions as well as healing.
- Raiden Shogun (Main DPS), Yelan (Sub DPS), Xiangling (Sub DPS), Bennett (Support)
This variation is the infamous Raiden national team and has a number of off-field effects.
It makes Raiden Shogun’s elemental burst even more powerful than it already is.
Yelan provides more damage during the downtime on Raiden’s elemental burst.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
Did you miss our previous article…