THE Crown could be “extended” to show Prince Harry and Prince William as adults, Finding Freedom’s author has claimed.
Omid Scobie said he’s heard “rumblings” Netflix are considering extending the run past Princess Diana’s tragic death in 1997, speaking on his podcast Heirpod.
He said: “Seasons five and six have been confirmed and there has even talk that the show…
“I think originally it was reported that it would stop before William and Harry become adults, I’ve certainly heard there is talked within Netflix about the possibility that the show might be extended.”
Omid added: “When you think of how much controversy this present season has caused, this is going to be a presence in members of the Royal Family lives for some time.”
The Crown series 4, which focuses on Diana joining the Royal Family and was released on November 15, has sparked outrage with its portrayal of prominent royals.
Piers Morgan called it “grotesquely unfair” to the Queen, while journalist Andrew Marr labelled the latest season “sadistic”.
The Crown’s creator Peter Morgan previously insisted Meghan Markle wouldn’t feature on the show, because he was sticking to a “20-year rule” of distance – leading many to assume the show would finish before the 21st century.
He told the Hollywood Reporter: “I just think you get so much more interesting (with time).
“Meghan and Harry are in the middle of their journey, and I don’t know what their journey is or how it will end.”
Prince William is currently 18 and Harry 16, meaning their adult lives could feature even if Peter sticks to his 20-year rule, as a seventh series wouldn’t air for a couple of years.
If Omid’s claims are true, it would not be the first time the popular Netflix show was extended – as it was originally due to finish after series five.
Earlier this week, Meghan revealed she had miscarried her second child, after Harry “advised her to help others with he same pain”, according to another expert.
Did you miss our previous article…