Fortnite refund: 'Tricking' players results in $254m payouts
Fortnite, the popular online game, is facing criticism for allegedly tricking players, particularly children, into making unintended purchases. As a result, Epic Games, the developer of Fortnite, has agreed to pay $254m (£198m) in refunds to over 37 million people. This has prompted many parents and concerned adults to question the amount of money they have spent on the game.
Step by Step: How to calculate your spending
While Fortnite does not readily display the amount spent on the game, you can calculate it yourself. Here's how:
- Visit the official Epic Games website and log into your account.
- Click on your name in the top right corner and select "Account".
- On the left-hand side, click on "Transactions".
- Here, you will find a record of every transaction you have made with Epic Games.
- Calculate the value of your account by adding up all your Fortnite payments.
An Easier Alternative: Fortnite.gg
If using a calculator seems too daunting, there is an alternative method to determine the value of your Fortnite account. A website called Fortnite.gg can accurately assess the worth of your account based on the skins you have purchased.
- Create an account on Fortnite.gg.
- Add the skins you have bought into your 'locker'.
- The website will calculate the value of your account based on the added skins.
With these methods, concerned parents and curious adults can finally discover the true extent of their Fortnite spending.