PRINCE Andrew’s financial settlement to Virginia Giuffre does not mean he will return to public life, a royal source has said.
The civil sexual assault case brought against the Duke of York in the US has been officially dismissed after he paid a financial settlement to his accuser Virginia Giuffre.
“Stipulation of Dismissal” court documents were filed on Tuesday calling for the legal action to be ended.
The payment ends a seven-month legal battle that has left Prince Andrew’s reputation in tatters.
But, despite paying the settlement with ‘Royal family money’, there is no way back for the Duke.
A royal source said: “The position is the same as February.”
“There is no way back to being a senior working member of the royal family,” said another senior figure.
Andrew had previously faced calls to confirm how he funded the substantial out-of-court settlement.
Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates…
Did you miss our previous article…