CYNO is a powerful damage dealer with Electro vision, meaning it’s good to keep him on the field as much as possible.
His standard attacks deal massive amounts of damage, and it can be difficult to equip him properly.
Cyno is one of the more powerful damage dealers.
He needs a good set of stats in order to deal the most damage, making his build a challenging one.
If you’re unsure of how to use Cyno in Genshin Impact, check out all of our tips in this guide.
Best weapons for Cyno in Genshin Impact
Cyno’s signature weapon Staff of the Scarlet Sands is the best weapon for him and it increases Critical Hit Rate.
It also gives the user an Attack bonus based on their Elemental Mastery.
However, it is a five-star weapon, so you might want to choose from one of these alternatives.
The following alternatives are available for Cyno:
- Primordial Jade Winged-Spear (five-star polearm) – increases Critical Hit Rate, increases Attack and damage on consecutive hits.
- Skyward Spine (five-star polearm) – increases Energy Recharge, increases attack speed, and triggers damage effects.
- Deathmatch (four-star polearm) – increases Critical Hit Rate, and increases Attack.
- Blackcliff Pole (four-star polearm) – increases Critical Damage, and increases Attack after defeating enemies.
- White Tassel (three-star polearm) – increases Critical Hit Rate, increases damage from standard attacks. It’s also easy to find and a good free-to-play option if you refine it up all the way to level 5.
Best artifacts for Cyno in Genshin Impact
There is no perfect artifact for Cyno to wear, but there are a few decent options.
He needs a lot of energy to charge his abilities, and his Elemental Mastery is important to his strength.
Both Thundering Fury (increases Electro damage as well as Electro reaction damage) and Gilded Dreams (increases Elemental Mastery and Attack or Elemental Mastery based on team composition) are virtually on par if you want to go for a playstyle based primarily on reactions.
You should choose these in particular if you have Staff of the Scarlet Sands available.
Alternatively, Gladiator’s Finale (increases Attack and standard damage) is a good option if you are aiming for a play style based on standard attack damage.
The ideal stat distribution for artifacts on Cyno looks like this:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack% (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack% (sub stats).
- Sands: Elemental Mastery (reaction build) or Attack% (standard damage build) (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack% (sub stats).
- Goblet: Electro damage% (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack% (sub stats).
- Circlet: Critical Damage (main stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack% (sub stats).
Best teams for Cyno in Genshin Impact
Cyno spends most of his time on the field, so he should be surrounded by strong support characters.
He uses a lot of energy and needs characters that create a lot of particles for support.
- Cyno (Main DPS), Fischl (Sub DPS), Collei (Sub DPS), Kokomi (Support).
Fischl provides all the particles Cyno needs, and provides steady support to work with Collei’s Dendro effects.
Fischl could be replaced by Raiden Shogun or Yae Miko, while Collei can be replaced by the Dendro Traveler, and Kokomi by Barbara.
- Cyno (Main DPS), Collei (Sub DPS), Kuki Shinobu (Support), Zhongli (Support).
This maintains two Electro characters, and one Dendro, but replaces the Hydro component.
Zhongli provides strong shields to complement Shinobu’s healing effects.
Kazuha or Sucrose could replace Zhongli in this team, as they will lower resistances.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.